Friday 21 February 2014

Wild

 
As an illustrator you sometimes come across work that you truly wish you created and Wild is definitely one of those for me. From the moment I picked it up in Waterstones and saw those beautiful creatures come to life across every page I just knew it was to become a classic, in our house at least. The words are very simple yet the illustrations are incredibly detailed and we always find lots of things to talk about. The story follows a girl who is whisked away from her forest home by strange beings, otherwise known as humans and forced to live by rules that don't quite fit with her wild nature. It's a charming idea, one that I'm sure many children and parents can relate too and although my little girl is most of the time quite amenable I still recognize (and positively encourage!) that firey independent spirit that inspired the title. Kx

Get your own copy here
Visit Emily Hughes website here and blog here 

No comments:

Post a Comment